Dunlavy SC4 Speakers

Does anyone know what the value of a used set of Dunlavy SC4 speakers would be? These are the original SC4's early run I believe. The reason for the question is that I have a line on a set and I'm willing to pay fair market value which often is determined by a speakers popularity and not actual worth. I'm trying to determine a base line price with the seller without out getting into these are the best speakers ever made and that makes them worth a million bucks!

Thanks!
2channeljunkie
Spent more time with the Dunlavy's and must say im loving them more with each listening session. My associated gear is Theata basic transport with a
Analog Research Segue DAC old yes but the pair makes beautiful music. For amps im running Electron Kinetics Eagle 400 monoblocks. Ive thought about getting new amps but anything I've herd in my price range dosent come close to the Eagles and the amps that have beat them was very marginal and didnt justify the dollar spend.
I want to follow up my previous post on this thread. Mikel shipped the stands, and I am very happy with our transaction. Had I known the situation, I would have never posted my gripe on his thread. Thank you Mikel, for completing our transaction like a gentleman.

I have a small business and these speakers are always pumping in the background. I am sure that your Dunlavy's are better overall, but these guys work perfectly in my environment. All the best to you !
Ttuesley Thanks for the follow up!! I love the Vandersteens as well. If it had not been for the deal a good buddy of mine got me I would never have made the leap with the Dunlavy's. Just remember to fill the stands of the vandersteen's with sand or someting and use the spikes that they came with them and the over all dynamics of the speakers will sound even better.
Hello,

If you are really into your Dunlavy speakers, you should consider upgrading some of the crossover parts.

I have been very happy with my Dunlavy SC-VIs for the last 16 years. It is the only component of my system that has not changed. Just yesterday I updated the firmware of my MPS-5 and it now sounds even better. I will do several crossover upgrades as recommended in some forums here, and I am sure it will get even better.

You made a great purchase. Enjoy!

VPN
I have the SC-III.A, which is the final cabinet design and model name for the Athena-Aletha-Cantata series. I've been mulling upgrades (xover resistors to start, plus the binding posts) but I get cold feet. Improvements are always possible and welcome, but I'd hate to screw things up in the process. What if it's better in some areas but loses the magic? :-)