Anyone try the Bryston BDP-2 or the BDA-2 Dac

Anyone try the Bryston BDP-2 digital player or the BDA-2 Dac?
I am very interested in both of these units due to there capabilities.
The BDP-2 player is unique in its ability to play from large external hardrives and the BDA-2 Dac is supposed to mate well with the player.
But, I wonder how they compare in sound qualities to my present modified Touch with linear power supply.

Any supporting experience or opinions with these units would be appreciated.
Thanks,
ozzy
128x128ozzy
I have a BDP-1 and absolutely love it. The sound is glorious and it is easy to use. The BDP-2 probably is better with NAS as music storage device. I am using a portable 500gb HD. The BDP-1 can be used with NAS but there is software to be added which I am too lazy to do and I also would have to invest in a NAS.

Go for it. You won't regret it. Have not heard the DAC. I am using a PS Audio MkII which I like a lot.

Neal
Nglazer, Thank you so much for your comments. I was beginning to think that I was the only one to have considered these units.
Well I did go ahead on blind faith and ordered both the BDP2 and the BDA2. I'm hoping the learning curve and the sound quality is what I expect.
I own the BDA 2 and couldn't be happier. I use mine with a computer based (usb) source and --once broken in -- there is no glare, ringing or digital artifacts that is usually associated with digital playback. This DAC has really impressed me with its transparency. It reproduces pianos, bass, horns, vibes, cymbals , and acoustic guitars with realism. I like it better than my BAT VK D5 SE. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.