Anyone try the Bryston BDP-2 or the BDA-2 Dac

Anyone try the Bryston BDP-2 digital player or the BDA-2 Dac?
I am very interested in both of these units due to there capabilities.
The BDP-2 player is unique in its ability to play from large external hardrives and the BDA-2 Dac is supposed to mate well with the player.
But, I wonder how they compare in sound qualities to my present modified Touch with linear power supply.

Any supporting experience or opinions with these units would be appreciated.
Thanks,
ozzy
128x128ozzy
Smatsui, see my post from 9/7 re: fuses.
And I agree with you that WAV sounds better than FLAC (at least on my Brystons) More space, deeper soundstage. I know we give up "tagging" and other info with WAV, but ultimately it's about the sound. (And no intent to start a discussion here about all lossless formats sounding the same...)
Just found out they are #8 torox what a little pain.

I just installed an Audio Magic Pulse Gen and a PEA inside the BDA-2 Dac and ordered another set for the BDP-2 player. I also installed the Audio Magic Super nano fuses with the Quantum fuse stickers on them.
All of this is so that I can compare this combo with my previous set up. I guess I will need everything to gel together for a while.
And Tympani, yes I am using the HiDiamond P4 and P3 power cords, interconnects, and Digital cable.

I must say that Bryston service is top notch and helped this old Audiogonner with setting up my Samsung Tablet as a remote control.
Ozzy,

If you want to operate the BDP-2 from a tablet, MPOD is the player, although I use an iPad or iPhone so cannot speak to Android devices. From a laptop, I highly recommend the Gnome music player (free). Much better than Gnome and in fact it is the best player I have found that operates the BDP.

Note there are several useful BDP forums on AudioCircle under Bryston, and James Tanner at Bryston is very helpful. Good luck. Once you are up and running, it it so-o-o easy.

Neal