Recomendation on turntable for less than $1500

Well, after 44 years I'm ready to replace my Thorens TD 150. I haven't paid too much attention to equipment lately, but the new Thorens seem to be a different beast.

TTs that caught my eye are:
- VPI Traveler with the Grado cart.
- Clear Audio with the MM option
- One of the Regas, perhaps P3 for a bit less money

I'd appreciate any info from folks who have owned these models or other options in my price range. Thanks

Ric
ricardo
Go with the well tempered classic if your not into maintaining your current set up. You will not be disappointed.
Btw......if your only worried about 5 he motor in your current rig why not just buy a spare at well under 100. Fixing your ground problem is easy and shouldn't cost much or take much time.

Then, instead, upgrade you phono section or cartridge with the remaining 1400. That will go along way in upgrading your sound.

A totally tweaked out 150 will out perform any of the above mentioned tables and make them sound like broken toys. Well, okay, that is a bit of a hyperbole but, really, it will sound better. Honestly, you would have to spend way more than 1500 to improve upon your current rig.
You know, Raymonda, you're right. I've been a big baby about this. There are a number of combinations discussed in the manual that I did not try for grounding options. And the motor is fine now anyway.

You've inspired me to not give up on my 150. I might even pick up a few more LPs just to add to my motivation.

I wonder if I should upgrade from the original, non-polarized power cord.

Thanks all for the discussion.
Glad I could help.....now pick up that soundsmith benz ruby. The seller said it has less than 7 hours on it for 800. Now that is some good sounds. Or that sutherland 20/20. Another great deal. Depending on what your running now, either might be just the ticket.
stretch to 2K and try to get the newly introduced Clearaudio Concept Wood with the Satisfy arm and MM cartridge. List is 2400, but you could probably find a dealer who can get it under 2K.....
This would be a lot more value than anything out there
@ 1500.00 if only because of the great arm....

Thanks