UPGRADE CDP NEED YOUR HELP

Hello,
I would like to upgrade my CDP. I have a Music Hall 25.2 currently but it just is not doing it for me. I have tried adding a Bel Canto DAC but IMO it did not take me to another level. Current system:

Musical Fidelity A5 integrated
Energy Veritas 2.3I Speakers
MH 25.5 CDP

Thinking about:

Rega Apollo / Saturn
Raysonic 125
Musical Fidelity A5
Sim audio
Audio Aero

Music:

Harem Scarem
Frank Marino
Robin Trower
Al di Meola
Widespread Panic
Micheal Schenker Group
Larry Carlton
Porcupine Tree
Camel

Most of my music as you can see is guitar drivin. I would prefer used, budget about $1500.00 or ideas for holding out for a higher end unit.
musicrover
Am I chasing my tail? Which one of the cdp listed in this thread would best playback a combination of redbook cd’s and cdr’s?
It's hard, isn't it.

The decision all comes down to personal taste.

Pick one, and buy a used version. If you don't like it, resell and move to the next one on your list...

BTW, my pick under $1500 would be a used Modwright Sony 999ES with tube rectified power supply.
Hello,
I have been without a cdp for some time and in the market, I have tried some of the cdp listed in this thread with some degree of success but nothing that really made me sit up and take notice. I have been reviewing some old threads and just not sure which way to leap first. I see there are many highly reviewed dacs, transports and the like. In the market today is it more cost effective to purchase an inexpensive cdp used as a transport and a nice dac? Or just go with a nice quality cdp right out the gate? Also are there some dacs that are not computable with cdp? I would prefer to purchase used and a budget of $1000.00. Thank you,

cdp I have owned:
Music Hall 2.5
Audio aero
Arcam fmj23
MF A5
Current setup:
Portal Panache Int. Amp
Daber Audio speakers
If you're out a cd player, I've been very pleased with the Cambridge Audio Azur 650C. This should perform better than your former MH CD2.5. Sadly, if you want a significant jump over that, I believe you'll be looking at at least twice your budget—used. Perhaps take the 1k and get the CD player I suggested, used. Then use what's left over to buy a decent pair of interconnects (e.g., Kimber PBJ interconnects, also used) unless you already have a decent set of interconnects. (I have such a pair, if you're interested).

Aaron