Ayon CD Players: CD-1 and CD-3

Has anyone heard anything about Ayon's CD players?
CD-1 and CD-3 www.ayonaudio.com
I went on their web and looked at the specs. It looks like
Ayon makes all tube gear.
Thanks.Sally
sallycaine
hi sally:

i heard one of these players at ces, in the ayon room. i was not impressed. doesn't sound like there is a tube in it, yet there is.

the presentation sounded more like solid state than tubes.
This pains me but I agree with tennis.

Not impressive at all factoring in the price.
Hi,
My friend owns the CD-1 and brought it over.This players sounds wonderful has detail with prat and a very nice midrange.
I have heard and had players that cost more and in my system they were not close to this player.As is the norm you would need to try in your system but I doubt you would be disappointed.
All systems are different and I believe this player has a trial period.
Best of Luck,Bob
Here is a copy of what audiogon member -mrtennis- posted back on 4-10-06 about CD Players!

i like a dull, veiled, laid,back, boring sound capable of putting me to sleep. i hate treble and i don't like detail. i like subtractive coloration to such an extent that all recordings sound the same. you can talk about detail, neutrality all day long.
if you don't tap your foot, it doesn't matter.

i want to relax, not bothered by detail or dynamics. veil the sound and cut off the highs. darkness and dullsville is my motto, by choice. thick caramel syrup makes me happy.
Mrtennis (Threads | Answers)

04-10-06

--------------------------------------
03-20-2008 - Wow... Tone Deaf Perhaps.

Here is a link to the CD-1 Review -
http://dagogo.com/AyonCD-1Spirit.html

No wonder he cannot appreciate the beautiful music the Ayon CD Player extracts from a CD. I own the CD-1 and I have owned the Oracle, Bluenote Stibbert, Lector 7, Cary and the Ayon CD-1 is indeed by far more dynamic, visceral, fluid and sweet. Yes, it does sound better than the models I listed above. This is the best CD Player I have ever heard and owned and recommend this product if you are searching for the best soundstage.

MLK
Allow me to humbly submit that I have just had my review of the Ayon CD-1 and Ayon Spirit integrated published on Dagogo.com

Here's the link:

http://www.dagogo.com/AyonCD-1Spirit.html

The CD-1 is an extremely fine sounding player. Part of the beauty of it is that for being a tube player it has a crispness similar to SS sound but without he edginess. It's quite refined.