Burmester 069

I am wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to listen to the new Burmester 069 reference CD player? How does it compare with their 001 top line player?
hobby
That's interesting. I figure that the Burmester and Zanden have a flavor that is very dynamic and solid, yet smooth. The Wadia, Esoteric, and Scarlatti immerse you in information, which can also be satisfying and equally 'musical'.

I think digital has been near perfected, from several viewpoints. Too bad about the cost.

Thanks,
Rob
A funny thing which struck me;
in Norway, where I live, I can buy 3 new Burmester 069s with the reference power supply for the price of 1 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limeted with the V8 4,7L engine. In the US I think you get 2 such cars for the price of 1 Burmester 069 with the reference external power supply.
I guess this has some impact on our priorities... Crazy!
In the US, if you're considering these players then you need to also consider the Playback Designs MPS-5. It'll be at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, in the Soundings high end room.

For the price differences, you could afford the airfare to Denver and stay at the Ritz and, perhaps, buy a new car.

Dave
001 is a very good player, but the 069 is the best cd player as confirmed also by Harry Pearson.

With best regards,
Rocco
Cappuccino,

I might have understood you incorretly but it seemed to me that you had heard the Accuphase 800/801, Esoteric mod APL3.0 and Wadia 270/931/921 in additon to the dCS Verdi/Purcell/Elgar and that of these you prefered the Accuphase combination. May I ask in what system you heard the Wadia combination.

From what I have experienced, I believe that the Wadia combination is better than the Burmester 069.