PrimaLuna Prologue 8 CD Player Sound

Anyone own a Primaluna Prologue 8 cd player. I am looking for a tubed cdp that doesn't have overly warm bass. Any owners care to comment on it's sonic signature.
blazen69
"At least that's what Kevin Deal called the $1395 PrimaLuna Prologue Eight CD player."

This is straight from Stereophile's site. This was in reference to the 2007 CES Show.
The price of the PL8 since day one was set at $2499. It was never implied that the price would be $1500 or even $2000. Upscaleaudio (Threads | Answers)
Upscaleaudio, in a blog posted about the Prologue Eight by Wes Phillips and Jon Iverson of Stereophile, either they made a big typo in the price they quoted of $1,395, or one of your people gave them that price. Now I know the prices given at the shows for new gear do not always come to fruition in the market, but the huge price difference was notable. Like Synthfreek, I distinctly remember reading that Stereophile blog because I was very interested in the Primaluna Eight and was scouring the net for any piece of information on it I could find. The low price of the Prologue Eight Wes Phillips quoted on the blog was discouraging in light of the price that it became when introduced on the market. The price in the blog was radically different than the market price.

The link to the Stereophole blog with Wes Phillips comments from CES 2007 on the Primaluna Eight and the price can be viewed at the link below:

http://blog.stereophile.com/ces2007/107cdpri/
Upscale, did not intend to disrespect Primaluna in anyway, if anything, everything I hear about Primaluna/Upscale is classy & top notch!

Just that primaluna founders are people who tweaked Marantz CD players (Ah Tjoeb)...is it really then Marantz OR Ah Tjoeb player...we both know that answer.

Is a "Barabas" Mercedes (highly tuned Mercedes) still a Mercedes...we both know that answer also.

And with Primaluna & Cayin sharing same OEM...well you know what I'm getting at...one cannot help but to wonder.

Anyways, regardless of origin, you guys offer a great product.
And I have the ProLogue Three in my system and have recommended it to many people. BTW I ended up doing the Mac Mini based media server thing instead of buying a cd player anyway.
Don't know how the Primaluna sounds but don't think it's ugly.
I have to agree with Foster_9 about the Raysonic.I don't exactly know how his sounds compared to the fully modded one I bought but after experimenting with 6 other players in the last two years this baby is extremely nice.Tube rolling brings it to another level.

Best of luck in your search.

Bob