I'm shocked

Despite my cynicism of anything I read in Stereophile I decided to follow up on their recommendation regarding the first generation of Sony Playstation 1s.
After a long search I got one for $15.00 added a HiFi Tuning Fuse, an upgraded power cord and used JPS Labs Superconductor FX interconnects and burned it in for 5 days. My spouse likes it even better than my Rega Jupiter 2000 which we both like quite a bit. And, in most respects I have to agree even though it's using somewhat lower quality interconnects and power cord than on my Rega. It is a pretty amazing CD player.
Anyone else try it?
jgiacalo
I just got one but haven't let it burn in for 5 days yet.How did you upgrade the power cord? Where did you get one for $15.00. That was quite a find.
Is there a difference between playstation 1 and playstation 1s? I am considering giving it a try. Tks.
Jig: I purchased a PS Audio Power Punch with the C7 recepticle to fit the PS1 from Audio Advisor for $49. Not the most sophisticated AC cord but significantly better than the stock cord. The $15. is a steal and I am so impressed with it as a CD player I've searched for more and have found a few at used game stores for about $25. But it is difficult to find the correct model (SCHP1001). My guess is the best places to find that old model are flea markets, thrift stores and garage sales since most game stores have the newer models although they're worth a phone call to inquire. Let me know how you like the PS1.

Wepratt: There is only one Playstation 1. I used the 's' to speak in the plural. Sorry for the confusion.