DCS Puccini and/or Soulution 740 players? Anyone??

All,

I'm curious if anyone has listened to these players.

From other threads I've seen that DCS doesn't have a big following in the US probably partly because of the price. Can anyone describe the sound? I saw somewhere that people found it to be better than the Emm Labs equipment and that DCS has become more musical than the older DCS equipment.

The other player I'm very curious about is the new Soulution 740 player. A relatively new high-end brand from Switzerland. Apparently the player had its introduction at the CES 2008. Has anyone listened to it and does it is so much better than the other player considering its price?

Thanks for your feedback.
maxx1973
A used Verdi/Purcell or Verdi Encore ahead of a Scarlatti DAC is a nice way to evolve toward Scarlatti separates. It's what I currently use and, frankly, I'm in no hurry for a Scarlatti transport. If one has a sufficiently high quality transport/digital cable, the Scarlatti DAC could be a nice fit, though DSD upsampling ahead of the Scarlatti DAC does sound best to my tin ears.
It's tough to compare unless you do it in your own system that you know very well, and needs to be very resolving. And even then there is the "magic matching" of certain brands and others that do not ... match.

I heard the Dcs Puccini in a Spectral/MIT/Avalon system, and I was not impressed at all, yes it sounded good, but not spectacular at all. It seemd to me all a bit too clean, too cold, too controlled and too veiled. But the room also was not top...

Recently I heard an all Soulution chain incl the CDP 740 on Magico V3's and cabled by PAD's. The room was awful and killed the highs and over emphasized the lows. But there was magic, easily the most musical sound of the whole show. I came home and listened to some of the same songs on my own system ... and smiled !
I have listened to all Soulution system in Munich, and the sound on Transrotor TT was overly bright. With CDP it was allmost unlistenable, but problem was I think in silver plated IC cables.
dCS is cold sterile and not musical at all, listened to Puccini on best new VTL preamp, S 400 amps, Wilson Maxx2 and top of the line transparent cables MM2
Ted, agree on you with the Puccini, the Soulution really can sound like one of the best though...