DCS Puccini and/or Soulution 740 players? Anyone??

All,

I'm curious if anyone has listened to these players.

From other threads I've seen that DCS doesn't have a big following in the US probably partly because of the price. Can anyone describe the sound? I saw somewhere that people found it to be better than the Emm Labs equipment and that DCS has become more musical than the older DCS equipment.

The other player I'm very curious about is the new Soulution 740 player. A relatively new high-end brand from Switzerland. Apparently the player had its introduction at the CES 2008. Has anyone listened to it and does it is so much better than the other player considering its price?

Thanks for your feedback.
maxx1973
Bvdiman, to answer your question, no not at this time. However they do make a MPD-5 (just the DAC), the DAC is that good. The box looks the same. $15K retail, ex shipping & insurance & duties. DAC price I don't know.
Web: playbackdesigns.com
Mtkhl567
Don't get me wrong too, you haven't answered my question yet... I know very well meridian 808.2 player, it may sound better only with XRCD based cds compared to Puccini unless if you don't switch PCM on.:)
Mert, it sounds better with ALL well recorded 16/44.1 material ... much more analogue sounding. With 24/96 DVD-A Meridian even excels further. I was at CES and none of the rooms using DCS were among the best sounding IMHO, maybe that's a coincidence, bc the Scarlatti is among the best digital front end.

Ironic because I think the Magico M5 room was declared best sound of the show and they used a server based source with the Modwright Transporter if I remember well. Oh well, maybe we're all paying too much for digital :-)

What was your question again?