Janszen za2.1 vs nola metro grand ref series2

I am contemplating a speaker purchase. I was going to look into either a used vandy 5a or eggleston andra ii. But, I think they would both be too big for my small 12x14 room. I am also married to my 50 w triode monoblocks and I fear they would not provide sufficient power for either choice.

This leads me to the less well known janszen and a pair of demo nola metros. I have always liked the enormous magnepan 3.7 soundstage. I however found them always lacking in image specificity. So as the advice comes, please keep in mind my soundstage reference and goal is along the lines of the big Maggie's. I have read that the raven tweeter and open baffle in the nola result in a giant presentation. I am not as sure about the janszens.

Has anyone heard both of the speakers I am considering? My desire is to improve upon the sound of the Gallo ref 3.5 that I currently have. I would like a larger, taller deeper soundstage with Improved pinpoint proved imaging.

I recognize this may be an odd request, but I am hoping for real world experience as I have no way to hear either prior to purchasing the speakers. The janszens have a trial period going in their favor.

Fwiw David janszen was a pleasure to talk with about his speakers. If congeniality were a sound quality i would tip my hat to janszen.

Regards,
Brad
2out2sea
I have not heard the Janszens, though many here rave about them. With respect to the Nolas, I think the Metros may be just a little bit too big for your room. My room is the same size as yours, and Nola had recommended the Micro References, which work perfectly in my room. Soundstage is good-sized and very open, with excellent location of instruments and images in the soundstage, though probably not as big a soundstage as the Maggies--very few smaller speakers can pull off that feat. I know Nolas sound great with tubes (I use a VAC Phi 200), and given the size of your room I think that your amps should work, though you might want to bring them to the seller of the Metros to hook up and make sure. I would also suggest that you not necessarily give up on the Vandys, as remember, they have a separate amplifier built in to handle the bass, and I think 50 WPC should be enough for the mid/tweeter. They may be a bit too large for your room, though.

A couple of other things about the Nolas: if your room is heavily damped, or your listening chair is low (and if these things can't be changed), I would not recommend the Nolas as highly, they do much better with a somewhat lively room (diffusors would be fine) and they can sound a bit polite and dull in the treble if you sit too low listening to them, in my experience.
Rcprince- I just replaced my Soundlab m2's with Nola KO's and was wondering if you know how many hours the Nola's would need to be considered broken in? They were demos with about 250 hours on them.
Do you use any toe in on your model?
Rleff--I'd think yours should be pretty well broken-in, maybe another 50 hours. I never really felt the break-in for my speakers was especially dramatic, but the KO does have a few more drivers than the Micros. I use no toe-in, as Carl suggested to me.

Soundlabs to cone speakers, that's quite a change, though I guess the open baffle design probably eases the transition.
thanks for the replies. I really hope that someone with janszen experience chimes in. I had a good conversation today with a janszen dealer who extolled the virtues of the janszen, but was realistic without too much sugar coating. just need to decide...hmmm...