Is there a truly musical multiple CD player?

And if so, what is it? I've got a friend who has a reasonably good system, Gallo Reference 3.1s with the bass amp, and an NAD T-785 receiver. I keep telling him that if he wants real music he will have to go with a single CD player but what he wants is a multiple CD player. Does a beast like this exist? And if so, what is the best one?
Ag insider logo xs@2xmusclecbt
I keep telling him that if he wants real music he will have to go with a single CD player but what he wants is a multiple CD player. Does a beast like this exist? And if so, what is the best one?

I think your advice is a form of audio "snobbery" and puts down your friend who probably likes music and relaxing a lot more than feeding a CD tray (like an assembly line factory worker).

I think your friend can still get "real music" from a megachanger. If he feeds the optical out to a "re-clocker" and DCA or simply a DAC that has excellent jitter reduction capability then there should be no reason why your friend cannot enjoy a large music collection. Alternatively - propose that he burn everything to a hard drive and use a high quality DAC - but to tell him he cannot have "real music" is hyperbole, IMHO.

Besides, the weakest link will still be his speakers even with a Best Buy megachanger...
I re-read my post and I hope it was not too strongly worded - no offense was intended but I think that we audiophiles get carried away sometimes in thinking that "anything normal such as a tone control" will necessarily sound terrible and is not real music...this is hyperbole of course. Many systems with tone controls can and do produce excellent sound or "real music" - sometimes we need only temper our zealous enthusiasm with a healthy dose of 'reality'.
Thank you all, and yes you too Shadome, for your thoughtful responses! I'm going to see if I can track down the California Audio Labs changer for him. It's funny, he's no audiophile at all but he really gets it when the music is there...or it isn't, or behind such a glare that you get tired following along. Didn't mean to sound snobby with the 'real music' phrase, but then I'm a Single Ended Triode guy so you KNOW I'm living in a different world, if not actual planet....No, its OK, I'm used to it....