DAC improvement

Interested in hearing from those who have gone to a standalone DAC. Particularly those models from Benchmark. Would like info as to (1) what component you are using to feed the DAC (2) the component to which you have the output of the DAC connected (3) the type of connection (4) what setup you were using before going to the DAC, and (5) your take on the benefits experienced from the change.
musicnoise
System 1) Audio Analogue Paganini CD to April Music Stello DA220 Dac to either SoundQuest SQ 88 tube integrated orPlinius 8200 Mk2 integrated - Virtual Dynamic Testament Digital RCa. Previously using just Paganini

System 2) Arcam CD72 to PS Audio Digi Link 3 to either Consonnace Cyber Sig 100 integrated, or Portal Panache integrated - IXOS digital RCA. Previously used Lite Audio Dac Am Modified
I have used various mid-priced CDPs including Classe, Jolida, Ah!, others. I am now feeding the PS Audio Digital Link III from the Jolida. I tried the Oppo 980 as a transport and it was missing something. The PSA DLIII is warm, detailed and very natural. I am using Signal Cable ICs and digital RCA. The DAC goes through a tubed pre-amp to Class D amps. I highly recommend using a stand-alone DAC for most people. I am sure the very high-end CDPs, such a Bryston, are even better, if you can afford them, but I have not heard them.
I've been pondering this exact thing and would go with the Benchmark initially for several reasons:

1) It clearly attempts to do digital right even if the results may not appeal to all

2) you can try it for 30 days and return it if you don't like it.

3) On paper, I like the fact that they try to isolate the DAC from timing issues that might come into play with external transports and introduce jitter.

If I deidn't like the BEnchmark, then I think it would give me a lot to think about in terms of where to go next, if anywhere.