What are the best speakers for 80's hard rock?

Hello folks!
I want suggestions for best speakers and amp for 80's hard rock music. Many bad recordings, so many high end speakers (and amps) sounds very harsh and hard, with little bass. It's more important to me that my stereo can play bad recordings in a good way, than play good recordings in a fantastic way.

I want very laidback and soft treble, but I want a bass that goes deep and alo is very punchy.

I know many people say that I should here on vintage speakers. But I want new speakers. Any price range!

Thanks for suggestions!
rockpanther
With those criteria...mellow treble/punch bass... You might be better off going the stand mount and sub configuration...budget option would be Pioneer speakers that are all the rage..and a musical sub such as HSU...higher price point...British monitor with REL sub
OHM Walsh 5X models use a single 12" driver to better effect for producing most of the music much better than any other 2 or 3 way design with a 12" driver that I have ever heard.

That includes 80s hard rock along with all the rest.

In fact, I can't think of any 2 way designs with a 12" driver? Some pro gear I suppose. Most have to go three way to do things well. That opens up an additional can of worms. I've never been a fan of 3 way designs in general though I know there are many good sounding ones out there.

Ideally I would want a large single driver to do it all but practically the options there are limited to other forms of very hard to find Walsh speakers that over the years have typically also proven to be quite fragile.
Many suggestions of vintage speakers here. Also some suggestions about sub to the speakers. I want the speaker to deliver the deep bass tones (as good as fexample PSB Synchrony One), and the speaker must be sold new today!

It's unbelievable that none "high-end" producers can focus MORE on making a speaker that is better and more forgiving on bad recordings. Many people have problems with harsh and forward treble. The only speaker sold new today in "high-end-category" that the treble is not harsh on bad recordings, must be Vienna Beethoven series. But unfortunately when I heard them, there was not enough punch in the bass on these speakers. The bass was not so good when listening to hardrock music.
Go with Magico S5's paired with Vitus amp(s) and front end, and live happily ever after. That is the best combo i've found to make crappy 80's recordings of classic and hard rock sound good and really rock! Even the less expensive Magico S3's paired with warm, tube-like amps (Vitus Reference Series, Pass XA.5 series, Dartzeel, Soulution etc) can pressurize even a medium size room.
Infinity primus 363...smooth treble, open midrange, warm propulsive bass. Klipsch would be an obvious choice if not for the horn. Still, worth an audition. They have hi boogie factor.