Amp frequency requirements for super tweeters?

I have become intrigued with discussions of the reported improvements to system sound afforded by the addition of super tweeters- specifically the air and coherence. Being in my late ‘50s, I am less concerned about the frequency extension and more concerned about how it affects what I can hear. My question is this- my amp goes to 20kHz, do I need an extended frequency range amp for driving this?
Same question for digital crossovers like the DCX2496.
ckmurf
Is your amp simply rated to 20k or does it actually start to roll off at 20k? If the latter, then yes, you'll likely need an amp that can handle the frequency range covered by the supertweeters. If your DAC (or source), amp and DCX all can cover up to 48k (which is what the DCX will do), then I would think from there it's only a matter of how much frequency territory the supertweeters actually cover. If they cover far in excess of 48k, then you may be leaving at least some performance gains on the table, but, if not, I'd say it would otherwise look pretty good. Hope this helps.
There's so many variables at play in a situation like this, that you really can't get a solid recommendation without a lot of effort. If this is something that you feel you need because you are trying to correct a problem in your system, they by all means, look into it. If not, then I wouldn't bother with it.
I have tried super tweeters before and they are a waste of money. If I played music and just listened to the super tweeters there was nothing there
Alan
I didn't want so say anything earlier because I have not tried them myself, but I'm not really aware of anyone who has tried them and truly likes them...
I should have also mentioned that I haven't heard them either. My first post was just a best guess and nothing more. Come to think of it, there's a pretty good chance The Cable Company may sell those type of tweeters. If they do, they'll almost certainly have a demo pair to lend out. If you're really interested, its definitely worth a call.