Difference in B&W sound

Greetings, I have a set of 804n & 803 Matrix2. I'm running a Pioneer Elite 74 Txvi with a parasound 2003 MOD & a Parasound 5250v2. the 804 have a sensitivity of 90db. & the 803s have 89db. The Matrix sound so much better, so why would this be for an older model? Could the 1db. be that much of a difference? I'm confused.
128x128danmar123
If you can find any measurements say on a Steroephile review to compare, teh impedance and frequency response curves would probably tell one the most about how the two sound different.

What sounds "Better" to an individual is purely subjective. No specs alone will tell you that.

1db difference in sensitivity spec only means that one will be slightly louder louder than teh other all else being equal so not much to bank on alone there.
"What sounds "Better" to an individual is purely subjective. No specs alone will tell you that."

I can't think of a better way to put it.

We all have different tastes. I had the 802 S3's and didn't like them at all. That said, there's always the possibility that something is wrong. What is it that you like better about your 803's than your 804's?
Their more open, I have the trim down to -10 opposed to -4 on the 804, via MACC set up. I tried switching my cables, which are MIT 23 for the 804 up front & MIT Matrix 6 for 803 @ the rears.
Danmar123,

the newer B&W speakers uses a Kevlar design in their drivers. Also, a diamond tweeter is used in several models- many exclaim that there is more "brightness" and harsh edges to the sound.

Conversely, the older models of B&W do not use the Kevlar impregnated drivers, nor the diamond tweet(s). I have listened to both overall designs in the past, and each sounds fine to my ears. Happy Listening!
More open could mean many things. It would be a better comparison if you were to listen to both speakers without any processing. That way, you are hearing more of what the speakers can so.