Traveling never going to happen??? need advice

Greetings, my question friends if you fell in love with a pair of excellent condition very heavy 130lbs. each floor loudspeakers would you drive say 1,500 or more miles to pick them up saving tons of money on shipping and also, knowing they will be perfect once you get home. The point of this forum how many audiophiles, would actually do the drive, I have been trying to sell my Andras, without success for near 6-months!! I have no shipping crates. Thanks for reading any help, or advice I would so appreciate it... anyone else have this problem??
aoltes
Pmotz- Your thoughts mirror mine. Most people who would be interested would not be up for doing the 1500 miles in one day so you have motel and gas and in some places, highway and bridge tolls, plus wear and tear on your vehicle. I also think you've left out meals, which for 4 days is gonna cost you at least another $100. I think I'd get a quote from the UPS store or Kinkos who will insure the packing job. Split the packing cost w the buyer who then pays the shipping.
Years ago I purchased a large pair of JBL 4676-A Pro Series theater horns. The bottom cabinets alone weigh 195 lbs each.
The seller offered to deliver for $500 from Ohio to E. NJ. He borrowed a friends SUV as it had a trailer hitch.
When he arrived the transmission was acting up badly.
BTW, Dkarmeli is correct, assuming you can get boxes that are the right size and you use corner protectors of some kind. Rigid foam insulation works very well,as long as the speaker is held securely in place...so that it cannot move AT ALL.