Traveling never going to happen??? need advice

Greetings, my question friends if you fell in love with a pair of excellent condition very heavy 130lbs. each floor loudspeakers would you drive say 1,500 or more miles to pick them up saving tons of money on shipping and also, knowing they will be perfect once you get home. The point of this forum how many audiophiles, would actually do the drive, I have been trying to sell my Andras, without success for near 6-months!! I have no shipping crates. Thanks for reading any help, or advice I would so appreciate it... anyone else have this problem??
aoltes
Time for professional help. Look into White Glove' services when it comes time for shipping. However, to assure you get what you paid for, it is best you be at the pickup point when they are shipped. Find a cheap airline ticket. First, to assure they are fully operational and not damaged before shipping. Pictures a must. Second, to actually be the shipper who signs off on the shipping manifest, a must in case any transit damage takes place. Lastly, since each weights 130 pounds, you would be foolish to not use professional movers. Think about it, you could easily physically hurt yourself trying to move these pieces, especially since you are emotionally involved. Happy listening.
Anyone who thinks that it is cost effective to drive 1500 miles to pick up 130 lb speakers is dreaming.

You could have custom crates built and have them shipped by a freight company to your front door cheaper than that trip will cost.

Shakey
Sorry, have done all of the above. I think Vegasears, had the best advice "Good Luck" everyone else thank you for your help, I am thinking once the bad winter weather breaks, someone will make the trip...
OP-
I save all boxes and packing materials- this is me. Offer tomeet prospective buyers half-way from your location. For a really good deal on speakers, I always travel as well. Too many bad things can come from shipping. Happy Listening!