Audio Research Ref: CD8

I understand from speaking to Audio Research there is a CD8 now. CD8 has an upgraded power supply and DAC from the CD7. I have my CD7 at ARC for the power supply upgrade now.

Does anyone know more about the CD8?
wsill
Well guys I see most of you dont know the full history of these. ARC is trying to correct the PS problem in the CD7 for the last two years. What you are seeing is not an upgrade, but a fix.

Mine original CD7 was sttuning, live music, belive me. After sometime when I tested an SE pre-amp I noticed a hum. ARC send a kit (still in my player), a revision: 4 resistors were replaced on the side of the 6H30s and one added, a board was puted over the two sockets and two new 6H30s installed on this board. The sound of the CD7 moded by ARC this way never got close to the original, no life.

I hope this new kit (5881 tube) is all you are talking about. If not most of you only fixed a bad project problem. Note that the hum can only be heard in SE output.
Ossocao-

Thanks for your perspective. I was plaining to send in my CD-7 for the PS update today, but now I'm not so sure whether to do this or not... Most people on this Board have said that the PS update improves sound, especially bass, but you clearly say otherwise. Should I go forward with the PS update?? I don't want to do this if it will make my sound worse!!
Ossocao,

Do you suggest it is not wise to upgrade the CD7, because sound quality suffers from it ?
Ossocao is talking about an earlier upgrade, which came preinstalled on all players sold from some point in 2007 upwards.
What I´m saying is not about last update, I did not installed the 5881 update yet.

I´m saying that mine CD7 have the last update before this one and the player sound better when it was new (before having the 6H30 problem).

I can´t say nothing about this upgrade I did not hear any CD7 with it yet. I´m hoping this will bring my original CD7 sound back. Also I think many guys here have the problem and dón´t know about it, so when the unit gets fixed they think it´s an sound upgrade, but maybe it´s only fixing the bad sound that goes out when one of the 6H30 drift from the other one.