Audio Research Ref: CD8

I understand from speaking to Audio Research there is a CD8 now. CD8 has an upgraded power supply and DAC from the CD7. I have my CD7 at ARC for the power supply upgrade now.

Does anyone know more about the CD8?
wsill
Hello Tonywinsc , the electrolytic caps are needed to smooth the direct current after being alternate current to be changed by solid rectifiers .ARC always is famous by making very good powersections in their gear.Its the most important part of the design. You will notice there is no sign of humm in whatever gear of them.
I just sent my CD7 away for the upgrade. I think my player had the previous "lifeless" upgrade that was referred to above where a raised board was installed to hold the two 6H30 tubes. Perhaps a version 2 from the original. If this is the case, I cannot wait to hear the latest version and the associated improvements on an already great player. I will post my findings when it returns. Better sound and more reliable? Who could ask for more from a great company like Audio Research. I, for one, say continuous improvement is a good thing....
Mbudinich, my player has the same kit of yours. Did notice something too: I have days that the player sound great in other lifeless. Does the same happened with you?
Ossocao, I don't think I have experienced days where the cd player sounded better than others or any inconsistencies. Perhaps there is something else wrong with th player or elsewhere in the audio chain. Have you received your upgraded player? Has this corrected the issue?
Hi,
I have fitted myself the two tube upgrade kit to my old CD7 and did not find it deteriorated the sound - truth is it did not change, compared to a good set of matched 6h30.
Later a close friend also had it fitted to his player by the distributor and considered it an improvement. As he was listening to an unit with defective 6h30s in the power supply immediately before it is not a good case.

Owners using RCA units immediately noticed the hum noise when the tubes were not matched, people using the XLR output only noticed a much poorer sound.

My CD8 is still burning in ...