2-Way Advice: Magico S1,YG Carmal,Diablo Utopia

Guys I've been considering a speaker swap. Have found that I love 2-ways.

I didn't really know this until I started listening to different speakers and kept liking them more, much more than the fulls.

They present a different perspective that I prefer. I don't listen real loud and have a med size 2500 cubic foot room and I much prefer tight and accurate, faster more defined bass and don't need the real deep low stuff. I love how they image and disappear and make the music more alive to me. Listen to Jazz, Acoustic, Blues, mello rock, Indie, some classic, the usual phile stuff..

I have it boiled down to a few and really would love your opinions. Buying used and they are all over the country and just can't listen to all of them. I know listen first is best and would love to if I could. They are all within $500 of each other price wise with shipping to me.

Have you guys heard any of these and what you might think of these??

Magico S1 Black

YG Carmal 1 Silver

Focal Diablo Utopia III - Silver

Sonus Faber Guameri Momento

Langerton Configuration 217

Tannoy DC10A

Ascendo System F (Only non 2-way I'm considering)

Any info or feedback or recommendations would really be appreciated!!!

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack
"When I added JLaudio subs Xed over at 35, perfection. "

I asked GTT audio at Axpona about adding a subwoofer. They didn't care for the idea. I'm paraphrasing that they generally did not like the idea of contaminating the make-up of the speakers (im guessing specifically the crossover design) with a subwoofer. Their solution was of course the Hailey$. Nice guys, I'm sure, anyways. Their advice did not make sense, but its kind of nice to see someone with good taste like myself do well with a sub in the case I decide to get them.
Tom_hankins

Great info that's really what I was hoping to hear someone that heard them all.

Thank so much!

Its pretty much the consensus it seems that Caramels are the best among this group. In fairness they are a good amount more new but their used prices do seem pretty good and its great to know that later they can be more unproved by adding quality subs. I was told the new Sonus Faber are much more neutral sounding and are lot more the like the S1, Focal, Caramel camp. Has anyone heard the new Sonus Faber Guameri Evolution. I spoke to a dealer a couple states over and he made me a great offer with my trades. Do you guys think the new SF sound is more neutral and the new model is good option in this class. Prob not as neutral as the magico or YG but curious what you think. I am told they are much more open and resolving and neutral and have a lot better bass.

Do you think these are as good or maybe better than the Caramel. They would be more money but also I could imvolve some trades which is great... Thasnk
I haven't heard the Sonus Faber Guameri Evolution's but I can tell you the Sonus Faber Olympia I's are amazing. I thought I was moving down when I sold my Wilson Duette's and purchased the Olympia I's but I was pleasantly surprised.
Raidho has three basic ranges of speakers--the top line is the D series, the mid-line C series, and a new X series. I have heard two of the X series speakers at a dealer--one is a very tiny 2-way that sells for somewhere in the $7,500 range and a much larger floorstanding speaker that is a 3-way (somewhere around $37,000, I believe). They have not put out other speakers in this low-end range that are comparable to the C & D series speakers, but, I would expect that they will shortly. The C & D series have floorstanding 2-ways, so it might be the case that a new X series speaker will come out that will be close in price to the likes of the Carmel and S1
The Raidho X3 retails for 29.5K and rated down to 30hz. Not quite as refined as the D series but pretty darn close.