2-Way Advice: Magico S1,YG Carmal,Diablo Utopia

Guys I've been considering a speaker swap. Have found that I love 2-ways.

I didn't really know this until I started listening to different speakers and kept liking them more, much more than the fulls.

They present a different perspective that I prefer. I don't listen real loud and have a med size 2500 cubic foot room and I much prefer tight and accurate, faster more defined bass and don't need the real deep low stuff. I love how they image and disappear and make the music more alive to me. Listen to Jazz, Acoustic, Blues, mello rock, Indie, some classic, the usual phile stuff..

I have it boiled down to a few and really would love your opinions. Buying used and they are all over the country and just can't listen to all of them. I know listen first is best and would love to if I could. They are all within $500 of each other price wise with shipping to me.

Have you guys heard any of these and what you might think of these??

Magico S1 Black

YG Carmal 1 Silver

Focal Diablo Utopia III - Silver

Sonus Faber Guameri Momento

Langerton Configuration 217

Tannoy DC10A

Ascendo System F (Only non 2-way I'm considering)

Any info or feedback or recommendations would really be appreciated!!!

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xfsmithjack
Ebm:

Nada Yet - kinda leaning toward YG Caramel or Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution. The dealer offered me the same deal as the Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution on the Sonus Faber Eclipse SE with my trades. He said the updated SE model uses the same tweeter as the much more expensive Stradivari and they are more speaker than the
EVO. Think he did it to try and make a deal with me on either vs going my another route which I appreciate. The Eclipse cost a lot more retail and I am told they are great but my love for the 2-ways has my trying stay in that lane of possible but want to not totally be unopen minded. Heck, was even thinking of the new monster JBL's that retail for $40k but thats prob a stretch but I was curious about them. Anyone know anything about the more expensive SF Eclipse its seems like it may be a better deal on an older but updated design. I wasn't going to go Sonus Faber because of their non neutral sound but everyone says forget that their new designs are much - much different and much - much more neutral and excellent speakers not be over looked because of reputation of older speakers that were too romantic.

I am getting close but if anyone knows about the SF's I would appreciate it love to hear more about their modern changes and what folks think of them?

Thanks

If you are not getting the TAD CR-1 which knghifi has mentioned (and it is really the best of the best), get a Tannoy Sterling. Precision and speed a 2 way bookshelf but with a scale and dynamics that many 5 ways do not get.
I had thought a bit about the Tannoy but never heard them. These Sterling are a available for great prices. Are they really at the same level as Sonus, YG, Magico, Focal and the like? I love idea of the of coax driver. My speakers now have a coax diver and they images like a champs. Would love to know if these are really in the same league and offer the level refinement and performance? Thanks
I have first hand experience of this, a friend of mine has a pair of Focal Stella Utopia and a pair of Tannoy Turnberry GR (similar to the Sterling but slightly larger cabinet). His amplification is top notch, complete FM Acoustics pre-power with all FM acoustics cables. Front end is Esoteric K01 and top of the line Roksan Turntable with FM Acoustics phonostage.

In this system, even though the Focal can play at ear bleeding levels, the Tannoys actually overshadow the Stella Utopia when it comes to scale, dynamics and overall realism. It was quite intriguing to see a single Tannoy 10" driver taking on a full array of woofers and mid drivers of the Focal and beating the Focals on all major music making qualities. The Tannoys sound a lot less compressed. When music expands, the Tannoys just keeps growing without ever hinting its limits. The Focal on the other hand sounds like a regular speaker with a bigger sound.

I have heard the Magicos and Sonus too, but not side by side. None of them have the dynamic effortlessness of the Tannoys. And yes, the new Tannoys are extremely refined animals, they do not sound vintage or anything. They just sound more like the real thing.