what speaker new or used for 5k?

Looking to upgrade my speakers right now I Have the Vienna Acoustics Mosart Grands. Equipment is the Parasound a21 amp p5 pre amp and Marantz sa8001 sacd and two REL t9 subs. Mosaic speaker cable and Interconnects, in a 16 x 20 room with 7ft drop ceilings.
jughead
Try listening without the subs. Also, check your speaker cables and make sure they are not wired out of phase.
I used to own vienna acoustics mozart grand. And then moved to Verity Audio Parsifal Encore (runs into slightly more 5K) which lost the decongestion and better bass and topend.

Then I moved to Devore Orangutan (wanting to move to SET amps).

Dunno if that helps, but just that I was in the same place as you few months ago.
I have heard the Intuitive Design Mosaic and its bigger brother don't remember the name of the speaker? but its a 95k speaker and the Mosaic is 14k, at the local stereo store. and the same company makes the gamma summits for 11k and I can pick up the summits for 5 to 6k used. all I can say is from what I heard from Intuitive Design speakers was BREATHTAKING! and I would think the summits would be the same. these speakers were ran with mono block tube amps not sure what brand? but this might be a great match for my Parasound gear
Essrand, So you know what I'm talking about when I say the Mozart's sound congested with bloated bass?
(((but is expecting to get a pair on trade not sure what model but I'll ask.)))

Jughead
You will want the Vandersteen 2CE Sig II with the latest
Five As Midrange,Tweeter,ETC
The way you can tell you shine a Flashlight into the Midrange and if it looks like a pigskin Football you are in luck.
These will smoke any other generation Vandersteen 2 or 3 series like they are broken.
Best JohnnyR