Help - new house - new setup?

I have just moved house and the new room is about 20x18 with 28 foot ceilings and glass/openings on 2 of the walls.

My system was CAT SL1 with spectron musician amp playing through VS VR4jrs. Front end Michell Orbe and Oppo 105.

I went all HT and got Halo A51 and JC1 monos with a Marantz 8802.

I was expecting a big improvement but the sound is lost in this room and sounds poor.

Someone suggested JL audio fathom to take the weight off the VR4rs so I got a 212 which has improved bass substantially but SPLs are still weak.

I feel I need to upgrade the JR4s and would like to spend up to 10k on some new speakers or Albert is advocating 5k to upgrade the JR4s.

Any suggestions would be most welcome as I live in the sticks and my nearest decent dealer is 250 miles away.

I am considering ML Montis/Summit, Revel Salon, Wilson Sophia 3, Thiel cs 3.7 and Legacy Whispers among others.

My main concern is having a speaker that will give the SPL level necessary for this room.
musicalal
Agree, you are in dire need of room treatments. At this point
you can't tell what your system really sounds like.
+1 Rlwainwright, this is a major undertaking.
Your post is unclear. How many VRJrs are you using? Also, exactly how loud are you trying to achieve? Since you have a very large room it's possible that none of the loudspeakers that you are considering will meet your loudness requirements. Additionally, with the tall ceiling and glass walls you probably have a difficult acoustic environment and it is not clear that higher SPLs with actually result in the sound not getting lost in the room. You could just end up with louder, poor sound quality.
Thanks for the responses so far.

I am looking at acoustic treatments but as there is nobody in my area I may well have to take advice and get it done myself.

Besides the 2 front VR4jrs and Fathom 212 I have a pair of Vs ts150 rears but it is mainly the stereo side and room acoustics I am concerned about.
When I moved from New Jersey to Arizona, it took me about a year to get the system sounding as good as before. ..the joys of being an audiophile
You said it Stringreen.

I thought buying better quality amplification would improve things but it is back to the drawing board.