Bybee Internal Speaker Bullets - user feedback?

I added a couple of Bybee Small Slipstream Purifiers on the RCA inputs in my amp and like the effect quite a bit.

Exchanging with Jack Bybee, he said the internal speaker bullets are, in his view, the best bang for buck of his products. That would be an expensive move for me as I would need 2 sets (they retail at about $800 per set).

Searching around A'gon, I was surprised to see little talk about these. Found a thread from 2008 discussing the Bybee Golden Goddess that apparently had just come out at the time. I believe the Internal Speaker Bullets are a DIY version of the Golden Goddess, that retails at $4200 (!!).

Would love to hear from those who tried them. In what kind of speakers? Was it worth it to you?

My speakers are B&W 804S. They were $4k when new...not anymore. I have to wonder if best bang for buck is to spend $1.6k on these Bybees or upgrade the speakers. The Bybees I can keep with me in future speaker upgrades, though.

Thank you!
lewinskih01
I have never tried the Bybee Bullets. You may look or try Synergistic XOT's They may not be in the same class, but they are much cheaper at $399.00 a pair and have a 2 week money back trial. easy to install and uninstall. The reviews are about 50/50 on them some love them and some do not. I have them on my B@W Matrix's 800 and for red book cd play like them a lot.
Good luck
Hola Acresverde.

You mention
purifiers soldered directly in line with the drivers of my speakers themselves

That is actually what I was thinking of when I emailed Jack Bybee. What kind of purifiers did/are you using there? Just one on the + leg of the driver, or + and -?
Did you ever compare that to the performance of the speaker bullets?

Thanks for chiming in!
I have installed Bybee speaker bullets on my Apogee Duetta Signature speakers and just love them! Since I am using my speakers in bi-wired mode, I bought 2 pairs per speaker. Better resolution on low-level details, increased transparency and lower noise level. I have installed Bybee purifiers on the AC input line of my Benchmark DAC and Krell Monoblocks with same results.

The Bybee will not color the sound of your equipment, they just give you access to information that seemed to be veiled prior to the installation of these devices. Very similar effect as upgrading from a mid-level interconnect to a reference-grade interconnect from same cable manufacturer or inserting a top-of-line power conditionner in your system. Just everything gets better.
Perhaps I am being a bit outspoken, but I really feel that the AG community has a responsibility to call Bybee products (and all of those who make similar claims) by their proper name: junk. It simply confounds me that so many of us are just so very gullible what a shame.
I hate to disagree with you Bojack, cost at full retail, extortionate, yes, but junk no. There are often pairs available on the Gon or E-bay for a lot less than retail. I got 4, Golden Goddess external units for just under $1000, on Audiogon and am very pleased with the result.

If you can wait, keep an eye on the for sale side of Audiogon, they come up infrequently