wadia 781i vs dcs puccini

usa vs uk who has the best all in one cd/sacd player?
usarmyvet91
I agree with the Elrod Statement II PC suggestion. That would be my first move before I tried or did anything else. You can probably pick 1 up to try from the Cable Company for a very minimal cost, which would get applied towards any future purchases with them. A great way to try cords. You will be pleasantly surprised at the difference the Statement makes. Alsom FWIW, the Statement had more bass weight and range in my system than did the VD Rev pc.
I have directly compared the DCS Puccini and the EMM LABS CDSA and I believe that the DCS is better in terms of transparency, resolution, low end, less grainy sound.

If I was looking for an one box player right now I would buy the dcs puccini!

Weiss is better though....lol
Argyro...

I owned the Weiss Jason & Medea in the past and my Emm Labs CDSA-SE modded is clearly much better in my system.
Yes, but:

1) Your CDSA is modded and
2) I am using the Medea together with a Mac Pro through the Weiss Vesta Interface, using a Firewire connection.

The CDSA sounded like it was malfunctiong compared to the above configuration, if you know what I mean...

Kind Regards,

Mike
dCS Puccini outperforms emm labs cdsa se, I was there (had cda se) and now Puccini. The differences are nt subtle, especially in bass region and soundstage. Also the reliability and the transport are night and day. Also I have the choice to dsd upsample or not, can have a hell of agood preamp, spdif to computer connection, constant upgrading and support with either U-clock or other dCS gear!

Wadia is aslo good and Accuphase dp700 as well.

My 3 top integrated cdpalyers list is
1. dCS Puccini
2. Burmester 069
3. Accuphase dp700

Though if I started right now I'd gowith dCS Paganini DAC, computer astransport and u-clock for usb and antijitter hands down.