NAD M5 vs Cambridge 840c

I am looking for outstanding CD player in the $1500- $2000 price range . Does anyone have any recomendations.I am looking at these two CD players.Comments welcome.
rave101ny
I do not have experinece with that particular NAD but a friend and I did try the 840. We used it in two different systems wit Cardas Neutral Reference and thought a Denon 1650 sounded better. However when he switched to balanced (not an option for me) Zu cable it really changed for the better. I now have a Sony SCD XA777ES and he has the 840 keith
I preferred the NAD to the 840 which I found a little sterile. I found the MF A5 and the Primare CD31 were far more musical than either the NAD or Cambridge. I went for the MF while my brother preferred the Primare. All of the above players were auditioned in the same system at a dealer, the system consisting of Bryston amplification and a pair of Mordaunt Short Performance 6 speakers (as I own the speakers, I was very familiar with their sound).
I have had the MF A5....a superb overlooked player
on this site. They can be had for a great price on
Audiogon also. The price has really come down on these over the last year and a half. For less than $1300
you cannot go wrong. If you are willing to spend that
$1800-$2000 look at a Cary 303/300, Esoteric Dv-50s
or a Raysonic cd-168. All used of course. The Raysonic
cd-128 is a real gem below that $1200 mark. I personally
preferred it much more than the MF A5. Of course in my system. TO EACH HIS OWN !!!!!!