Praise for DacMagic

Just wanted to give some very positive feedback for the Cambridge Audio DacMagic DAC. It doesn't seem to get much attention around these forums, but I am enjoying it immensely. In my opion, terrific value for the money.

During the past few weeks, I have used it with great success both within a PC music server and 2-channel environments.

Who knows, I may end up switching it out for a better DAC in the future, but for now I am quite pleased.

As a side note, I was not impressed with it at first when used to enhance an NAD C541 CDP. On a whim, I switched out the NAD for a modest Sony DVD player that is around 5-7 years old. Then, everything came into place and the music was rich and detailed. The Sony DVD/DacMagic combination blew the doors off the NAD/DacMagic combination. Go figure...
Ag insider logo xs@2xheadshrinker2
I just purchased the Dacmagic (will receive later this week). It will be used in conjunction with Squeezebox Duet and possibly an older CD changer. Looking forward to hearing the results.

This is followup review and feedback on DacMagic, balanced XLR Cardas Quadlink 5C cables, MIT digital coaxial cable after a week or run-in for approx. 40 hours.

I observed the sound stage is getting smoother, warmer. Although the sound stage during the initial auditioning is clear and clarity, but i felt it's little bright, too transparent, too tight, i couldn't listen for long session music as it's hurting and stressing my ears.

Now, i am pleased that the combo between DAC, balanced XLR cables and digital coaxial cable has come to another stage where warmer, musical sound stage is finally presented. I wish the sound stage will further improve overtime as the DAC and cables are not yet full run-in which is at one third or one quarter of its run-in journey.
I have been using my new Dacmagic for about a week. Probably have 20 hours on it. I leave it on 24/7.
Can you hear much difference between MIN Phase & Linear Phase filters? I definitely hear the Steep filter. I have been using the Linear filter for most of my listening.
Source is Squeezebox Duet.
I have been using the Dacmagic for 6 months now and the sound is amazing.The instruments are well laid out in the music I listen to.I didnt find any difference between Min,steep and linear.My setup is imac(itunes) to airport express to optical out into Dacmagic .My speakers are MA RS6.For 399 this is definitely a terrific performance DAC.Going from a budget onkyo receiver I am pretty happy with dacmagic
Regards
KS
KS- I'm using MA RS6 too. Driven by Naim Nait XS. Nice sounding speakers for small to medium size room.