Amarra for iTunes at RMAF...

As my listening habits are split about 70% from iTunes and 30% vinyl I was pretty excited to see Stereomojo report on the new Amarra software for iTunes that can increase the sound quality of your digital music.

http://www.stereomojo.com/Rocky%20Mountain%20Audio%20Fest%202009%20Show%20Report%20/RockyMountainAudioFest2009ShowReport.htm

I was somewhat less excited to see that the price tag on this software add-on is almost $1k. Has anyone heard the Amarra software and have thoughts on if it's worth this price? Are there any similar products out there for a more reasonable price?

Happy listening!
jmleonard400
Thanks, Sidssp for your remarks. The phrasing that I refer to is not chestiness, it is phrasing much like a great trumpet player is able to do; sort of like Miles Davis. Their were many trumpeters with more power but I know of non that could phrase as he did. I do appreciate your' comments, I had a Rex so I am familiar with what a Bat pre will inject into the audible picture. I tend to think it may be a bit cleaner without Amarra, but I am still evaluating :)

Thanks again.
You never know. Changes to a PC's BIOS are claimed to have a burn in time. I have better things to test than that one. But when I first tried Amarra, I heard it as different, but was not convinced it was better. It seems more like an EQ difference at first. The more I tweaked the whole Mac thing, the more it became clear to me that it was indeed better at capturing the full harmonics of an instrument or voice - and without it the harmonics were slightly grayed-out and flattened. I think this was due to me improving the performance of the Mac, but hey, there may have been some burn in, maybe...
I worked at one time for the pc board manufacturer American Megatrends on bios systems, the burn they are speaking of is a hardware burn in to make sure that there are no hardware failures within a certain period of say 24 or 48 hours of intense tests being performed on the board.