Verity speakers for $7k or less?

After some good suggestions for musical non-fatiguing speakers in thread so named - I'm focusing in on the Verity line. There isn't anything I've auditioned in that price range that've bowled me over. And if there were some good sounding speakers I ultimately found them too aggressive or fatiguing. Dynaudio Confidence 2s comes to mind tho they were otherwise impressive.

Other threads have said that you had to start midline and up with the veritys to get something satisfying for the long term. What would that speaker be? And can it be had for $7k or less? Thanks!
larrybou
You may want to be careful that you don't get too warm. I now own the Cary SLP-98P preamp as well, it is a little sweetie. I no longer own my Parsifal Encore's which were very warm and sweet as well. I'm not sure that the Cary would be a great match with the Parsifal's, that may have been too warm for my tastes. Of course you may indeed like it that way.
Yeah I'm afraid the gear and cables might be getting too warm for warm speakers. Of course the amp is solid state - but with the laid back Cary sound.

Speaker shopping is getting tough now that dealers are few and they're not as open to in home demos as they used to be. Glad you like the SLP 98 - I'm looking forward to mine.
I've had my Parsifal Encores for about 7 years now. Some history about the Parsifal Encores. They were introduced in 1998-99. A new version of Scanspeak tweeters were installed from 2002 and onward. They retrofitted the tweeters on some older Encores for a period of time. In 2005, the Prasifal Ovation was introduced with different tweeters, different crossover and larger woofer cabinets.

You shouldn't have any issue finding them around $7k.

If you buy used Parsifal Encores, worth checking out when they left the factory to see whether they have the first generation tweeters or the second as they do sound quite different.

I would definitely not pair them with Cary equipment or any other that tends to sound warm and dark.

FrankC
Good info - thanks. I may have to bypass the Cary tube preamp. Maybe direct connect them to the Cary solid state amp via DAC with pre.
One slightly different POV on Verity/Cary. I've used my P/Es with a pair of Cary 805 mono amps for several years and really enjoy the combination. As Frank notes above, this definitely goes to the warm/dark side of true neutrality, but it sounds very, very good nonetheless. If your goal is to preserve true neutrality, then I agree that you might want to go a different way. OTOH, if you're more flexible there, you might find a Cary/Verity pairing very seductive.

Marty