Has anyone heard the new OPPO BDP-83SE

If the price/performance ratio of this $899 player (as listed on OPPO's web site) is comparable to their past offerings this should be the mother of all giant killers.
kdibello
Thx for the feedback Jimmm18. Let us know any additional thoughts as you break it in further.
Blindjim writes:
SACD on my previous Sony SCD xa777 had to be run in seperately . It used separate DACs for both SACD & CD...
I don't think so. I own one. It did have 6 DACs for the multichannel (three vertical boards, 2 DACs on each). Perhaps that's what you are thinking about.

Regards,
I just bought one from their website. I couldn't afford the SE version, but would like to upgrade in the future. Their website seems to indicate that they will only upgrade players bought before 11/9/2009 and only thru Dec. Why can't they offer the upgrade to anyone, in the future, say for the cost difference between the two, 400 bucks.

Mark.
I have the non-SE version coming and this is by choice, as this version has the better chip, at least as used in the Exemplar modification which is what I am getting.
11-15-09: Tbg
I have the non-SE version coming and this is by choice, as this version has the better chip, at least as used in the Exemplar modification which is what I am getting.
Better chip? Which chip?

Kal