Has anyone heard the new OPPO BDP-83SE

If the price/performance ratio of this $899 player (as listed on OPPO's web site) is comparable to their past offerings this should be the mother of all giant killers.
kdibello
The SE or a mod based on the SE looks like the best way to go if you have a setup up that is going to rely on the stereo or multichannel analog outputs
It looks like Modwright is going to continue to provide their mods on both the original BDP83 and on the new BDP83SE. Also looks like Nuforce is going to be selling a version of the BDP83SE with mods to the analog output stage (similar to Modwright). I don't know about the other outfits like RAM that have been modding the base model of the BDP83
Cmalak, as I have said, Exemplar is moding the BDP83.

Kr4, your saying the fact is the new chipset is superior doesn't make it so.
I was considering buying the SE version and sending it to TRL for mods.

However, Tbg's post may sway me to go the lower cost route due to the fact that it will be modded anyway. I respect John Tucker of Examplar and when modding such equipment the DAC chip set may not matter so much relative to what other mods are done to he unit
Clio09 that may be true regarding DAC in the standard BDP-83 when it comes to that particular mod. I guess we'll all have to wait until the relative merits of the ESS DAC chipset can be ascertained.