Ayon Audio CD-5 versus CD-5s

What are the essential differences between the CD-5 and CD-5s? Has anyone heard one of the 5s units as yet?

Does Ayon have any plans to bring out a reference player like the CD-5/5s with built-in pre-amp that does SACD (2-channel) as well as Redbook CD?

Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xzephyr24069
Before making any statements regarding digital players
You must have the best digital cables , and I feel the Wireworld Platinum usb, and xlr digital cables fit that bill,also the Bryston being all solid state
From buffer , angela@ sound card greatly modified as well as a pure
Class-A analog output stage is a major step up from Any transport out there.I compared the cd-5s standard as well as master recordings, then
The ripped version through db power amp program it is just more natural sounding and 3 dimensional sounding ,the Bryston player truly raises the barred the reviews- awards then take the time to experiment with slower rips and a good ripping program,it is also much better than from a computer
No notice from internal drives and fans and switching .
Starting in 2012 more and more new and old Hirez downloads are becoming available. I owned a Clearaudio turntable setup worth over $ 15 k
That I don't personally feel it bettered my current setup especially when they both are close In sonics.Inmy opinion no cd player out there is as good. Don't knock it until you have built a digital library to an external hard drive going to the Bryston
Digital player with the best programs and cables.
Audioman58, I also have ayon cd-5s.
Great player with really good pre-amp.
Your comments about using Bryston digital player instead of transport made me thinking about setting up front end utilizing Bryston and finally have my all cds on a hard drive. Couple questions here. Does computer and cd/dvd drive quality/brand affect ripping qulity. Is that better to rip cds on computer first or directly to external HD. Does one need to use specific brand/quality of external HD. How dificault to attach ipod/ipad as a remote for Bryston? Your input will be very helpful.
Thank you.
Melbguy,

what puzzles me about cd replay relative to straight downloads is that you can significantly improve CD sound quality by applying liquids such as Audiotop as I have ascertained on my AudioAero Capitole 24/192 mk2 SE with discrete output stage modification. This goes to show that the actual reading errors on the Cd are depending on surface treatment, irrespective of buffering. Hence my contention that Cd can not match a proper computer server. In any case replay through my Mach2music via Antelope Zodiac Gold + Voltikus is a quantum leap ahead of the AudioAero, generally acknowledged no mean player by itsself.
Melbguy1,

Vinyl does not destroy my Electrocompaniet EMC-1Up, in my system and in my listening room.
My LPs are in a crate. My last turntable is long gone.
Hi Melb1

Can you tell me your experience with the Ayon, KWA 150 combo. I have the same equipment, but have trouble with noise when i use the the Ayon as a preamp. Did you use XLR or RCA cables?

Thanks