Which is the best cd player under $10k?

I am trying to find the best cd player under $10k (new or used) either a current or recent offering which has a warm, vinyl-like sound, wonderful holographic imagining, large soundstage, nice details & beautiful tonality without being hyper detailed, etched and which avoids the two extremes; cold and analytical to too warm and syrupy?

Choices so far have been Accuphase dp-500, Audio Research cd-8 (but lacks up to the minute digital inputs), Playback Designs MPS-5, EAR Acute & Luxman DU-80. Given the many choices, i'm pulling my hair out. Let me know your thoughts!
melbguy1
The AMR-CD77 looks extremely well engineered, but it's reliance on out of production old stock parts & especially it's lack of a digital output is an issue as I have a Vimak DS-1800 mk2 dac which is one of the best Delta Sigma dacs ever made. The worst part is (and something doubtless AMR didn't think of) is the lack of a digital output means you can't even plug in your existing dac to compare. They're essentially asking you to believe their statement no other dac can sound better than the one in their player..
It is very heavy as well, which could be an issue on the shelve the AMR would have to occupy on my rack (the top shelf) because of it's top loading drawer.
With the above said, i'd be interested to see how many votes the AMR gets...
The audio research reference is the only stock player I have heard that competes with my modded sony scd-1 on redbook. But I wouldn't buy one because it doesn't do sacd . Most players to me sound pretty similar with minute exceptions .
I second Audio Note DACs + PS Audio PWT transport - most beautiful sound I have heard. Furthermore, I'm told the PS Audio DAC is quite a wolf-in-sheep-clothing.
look at MSB TECH I own a platinum DAC III OR THE NEW IV
NOTHING OUT THERE CAN TOUCH IT YOU SPEND $30,000 AND FOR A DAC AND IT STILL WOULDN'T TOUCH YOU CAN PICK UP A DAC II FOR ROUND $2500 TO 3500 GET IT WITH THE 16X FILTER
TO START AND WORK YOUR WAY UP