AMR / EMM / PLAYBACK Designs

Concerning: AMR CD-77 / EMM Labs XDS1 / PLAYBACK Designs MPS-5 Reference.

Have any of you would listen he compares and prefer one of its 3 Digital CD Player if so what is Better musically and also which is better aesthetics and manufacturing the finest components exts drive ...
Thank you let me know if the playback designs is manufactured in the USA? if so by what company manufactured it is name and email address.
Infinitely thank you to all
rilou
As far as judging industrial design, fit and finish, component as art, and overall aesthetics; much of that is totally subjective....and therefore a matter of individual tastes.

i own the Playback Designs and do appreciate it's look and quality of build. but the others you mention are good too.

as far as i'm concerned; the only digital player that qualifies as art is the legendary Linn CD-12. i owned 2 of them. as good to look at and to touch as it was to listen to.

here is a link to the Playback Design website. all the information you asked for, e-mail address, etc. is there. at the bottom of the home page it does say; 'Proudly made in the U.S.A.'....in California. Playback Designs manufacturers their player themselves. it's not rebadged or oem'd from anyone.
Rilou, I suggest that you contact the respective manufacturers regarding distribution in your country.
AMR
EMM
The PBD link was posted.

I urge you to then experience each and evaluate for yourself the build and sound quality before purchasing, rather than basing any decision on posts in forums.
Essentiaudio but thank you all 3 CD player are not sold around the world,
I can only listen to AMR. but I would like you to tell me how wet is your opinion on the 3 only in terms Musicality thank you again.
Rilou,

as i mentioned above i own the Playback Designs MPS-5. i have heard the AMR CD-77, but never in my own system and not compared directly to either EMM or the Playbacks. i did own EMM Labs gear for 6 years, the last one was the SE transport and DAC. and i owned both the EMM Labs and the Playbacks at the same time. i may have heard the EMM Labs XDS1 at either RMAF or CES but i'm not 100% sure it was that exact model.

with all those limitations my perspective on comparitive performance is of limited value. but for what it's worth i prefer the Playback Designs to those other 2 players based on my limited exposure to the other 2.

but maybe of more importance, i will comment on the 'musicality' of the Playback Designs MPS-5. i'm a big analog guy, and own 3 good tt's and 3 RTR tape decks. the Playback Designs can hold it's own with great analog. no; it does not go as far as better vinyl or tape; but it does not sound flat, it has depth and width.....the high frequecies are not hard or etched, they are silky and extended, yet lively.....the mids are rich and tonefull, emotionally involving. the bass is world class.

i've not heard any digital as satisfying as what i hear from the Playback Designs MPS-5.

another issue is the fact that the Playback Designs is also an SACD player, and can be used as a hirez server DAC. i have a music server with quite a few high rez files and they sound great. it also has a programmable DAC so it can be upgraded. upgrades are easy to do; i've done two of them in the 3 years i've own the MPS-5.

i do agree with Brian that it is best to hear things for yourself if possible. there are distributors world wide for the Playback Designs; are you sure there is no one near where you live that might not be able to demo it for you?
Thank you Mike, Anyway the Emm XDS1 is too expensive for a CD player Digital, and I will opt for the Playback Design MDS-5 well after having listen AMR CD-77.
I am also a very big fan of analog vinyl, but nothing can replace listening to analog. Thank you again to all.