Any better DAC then dCS Scarlatti?

I heard about new DACs on the market better than Scarlatti.
StahlTek Vekian and GTE Audio.
Someone compared them with Scarlatti?
Any other DAC compared with dcs?
murataltuev
I would suggest that the Wadia 922/931 with modifications from Great Northern Sound belongs towards the top of the list. It has taken me over a year to begin to appreciate what the Wadia DAC does, and I remain amazed. For me, the Wadia is such an essential part of a system that brings me into a performance with the greatest musicians. The Wadia will not add anything to the performance, but extracts all the detail about the music, the technique, and the venue. The Wadia is absolutely realistic when it comes to dynamics, image size, detail, and soundstage. It does all this without exaggeration.

As an example, I am a bit of a pianophile, and I like to hear the differences in technique. With Richter, he was a big man and used his entire body to play the piano – it can be quite aggressive and even violent. Horowitz has a bell-like quality to his right hand that remains clear even at high-speed. Bolet coaxes notes from the piano, Pletnev lobs notes from the piano – each has a characteristic intonation. I am now listening to Schubert’s Sonatas by Uchida. She is such a cerebral pianist, and can play with such light touch, tenderness, and beauty.
Kennyt, I had Emmlabs DAC2.
It is much lower level than Scarlatti.
Timbers are very far from real and resoluion is low with Emmlabs, but this you understand after listening to Scarlatti.
SACD is almost impossible to listen also.

As for Playback Design, I don't trust reviewers, but I trust owners.
Someone had Scarlatti and changed to better dac?

Interesting topic. It seems like this question reprises itself in some incremental variant form every few days or weeks. I have the MPS5, dCS Paganini, Esoteric rubidium clock and the Boulder 2020 on hand right now. Owned for 6-18 months: Esoteric P03D03, dCS Elgar plus, Wadia 921/931, Esoteric D05 in the last 2 years. I would say that the Wadia, dCS Paganini and MPS5 are somewhat orthogonal to each other in sound (imagine a multidimensional relation rather than the so-called Type 1, Type 2 flavor in another Agon thread).

My impression is that the Paganini set, clocked by Esoteric, is much clearer and with better air and resolution than the Elgar plus stack but it has been some time. Oh, and I had the Zanden Signature DAC and still the Mark III...

The one DAC I have been tempted to try is the MSB...but one can only have so many digital systems without being overly nuts!
Classic - many thanks for your views, quite useful to get impressions of the DAC's from someone with actual exposure...and no skin in the game.

Piqued my curiousity though...why so many DACs on hand?