Wyred DACS

They released the final specs for their DACs last week. Shipping this month. Anybody order? The DAC-1 is quite reasonable, but not upgradable to the asynch-USB, which the DAC-2 has. The DAC-2 also has the I2S but I don't know what it's gonna connect to.
cutterfilm
That's just his view. I tend to give good weight to what he says because of his experience reviewing stuff - he is a reviewer for an audiophile magazine and has done tons of them. My view, as I mentioned in my initial post, is the bass has greater slam, strength and detail, not bloated or one note at all - but hey it was virtually straight out of the box. A much better test will happen Saturday.

Thanks
Bill
so , in the end the W4S dac is just another very good dac for his price , as the weiss dac 2 or tranquility dac, and audio-gd dacs. not really the giant-killer as it was anounced at first?
Juanito,

"just another very good DAC for his price, as the weiss dac 2" sounds like if the wyred was a commodity product...which I don't think is what people are conveying here. The Weiss DAC2 ($3k), Bel Canto DAC3 ($2.5k), Bryston DBA1 ($2.3k) and PS Audio ($3k) are considered some of the very best DACs in this price category and people here argue the Wyred competes or betters these at $1.5k for the DAC2 and $1k for the DAC1. Not bad in my book!

FWIW I have not heard any of these. I'm just tracking these threads as I want to make a move into a good DAC soon.

Horacio
Hi All

I thought I posted my review from last Saturday but it still doesn't seem to be there. Rather than post it again and have two posts if it does eventually appear I will give a link to audio circles where I also posted it:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=83276.20

Bottom line from me is - yes it is very good but more expensive DAC's can beat it - and it was not scary close to the one that did beat it. And from my perspective that USB issue is very maddening. I will contact EJ about it and try to get it sorted out - but I am not looking forward to it. I am sure it will eventually get rectified one way of another but bug hunting and rectification is not my idea of fun. I worked as a programmer for 30 years with 20 year as a senior programmer/team leader. I grew to hate it then and now I am retired thought my days of doing it were over - I was wrong.

Thanks
Bill
Hi Again All

Had a chance to put the WFS into my system and ho-rah ho-rah actually got it to work by using the Kernel Streaming mode of J River as recommended by EJ at WFS. Even got the 192/24 bit up-sampling working. Already I can say it is a few notches above the Audio GD Compass I was using before - but I already knew that from the comparisons we had done. Interestingly it may have toned down a bit of metallic glare and sibilance control that I put down to the little tripath amp I was previously using. Will report further as my listening progresses.

Thanks
Bill