Wyred DACS

They released the final specs for their DACs last week. Shipping this month. Anybody order? The DAC-1 is quite reasonable, but not upgradable to the asynch-USB, which the DAC-2 has. The DAC-2 also has the I2S but I don't know what it's gonna connect to.
cutterfilm
YES! I've got a handful of standard CDs (some purchased many years ago) that are as good and some cases sound better than recordings I have on 96/24.

I have to laugh sometimes, the first Audio CD I ever purchased, 'had to be early 80's (Nightlfy, Donald Fagen) to this day is a better sounding recording than 80% of the CDs I've purchased since.

I shouldn't be laughing though, it's a tragedy that 80% of standard CDs I've purchased in 25+ years are pure crap sound quality wise.

PS I'm liking the W4SDAC2, 'seems to be a good match for CJ ET3SE. Only 15 or so hours on it thus far though.
Hi Bill,

I was wondering if you have had an opportunity to audition the Tranquility Dac as of yet? You originally thought you might receive it back on the 18th.
Haven't had a chance to audition the Tranquility yet. Due to some issues there is no need to go into about here it will be shipped to me in Australia Monday. It was going to be part of a DAC shootout Saturday week and there is now some doubt it will not reach here in time for that. I will keep my fingers crossed but it will be tight.

Thanks
Bill