Wyred DACS

They released the final specs for their DACs last week. Shipping this month. Anybody order? The DAC-1 is quite reasonable, but not upgradable to the asynch-USB, which the DAC-2 has. The DAC-2 also has the I2S but I don't know what it's gonna connect to.
cutterfilm
I haven't tried their cables yet, but going from single ended to balanced did give me a larger soundstage.
i've had a Wyerd DAC1 running for about a week now - previously, i owned Weiss Minerva and Musical Fidelity Tri Vista... the Wyred is my favorite of the three. seems to combine the best traits of my prior DACs - has the detail and resolution of the Weiss, while maintaining the extraordinary soundstage and realism of the Tri Vista. it's a fantastic DAC, and a ridiculous bargain at its price.

@Ronwills... i've used balanced cables from audio art and sound silver - both sound fantastic, albeit slightly different.
@ bhobba

What settings were you using in JRiver?

That actually have a new WASAPI mode out now (this week).
EJ recommended, and what I used, was Kernel Streaming Tried ASIO but it did not work. It's not hard to try various modes and see what you like best. However I have now switched to using the Mac OS rather than Windows and have found Play to be a bit clearer than JRIVER so that is what I now use.

However right now I have a stinking case of severe bronchitis and the last thing I feel like doing is listen to Hi Fi.

Thanks
Bill
>What settings were you using in JRiver?<

I more or less have stumbled into getting this set up:

JRiver 15.0.106, Kernel Streaming, Win7 (64bit)
USB to W4SDAC2 using W4S USB Driver.
working very well!