The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Magnepan 2.7QR are my choice. Nearly full range, incredibly detailed, very musical and by far the best soundstage I have ever heard. Always a treat. Lose the box and let the music play. -Might have to get a divorce however due to low W.A.F.
The handmade Swedish fullrange floorstanders
Ino Audio pi60 Signatur. correct sound reproduction at its finest.
In the 1970's, at home then, the AR-LST, in the recording studio 1980's, the Yamaha-NS1000, at home in the 1990's, the Cello Amati, and in 2005 at home, the Meadowlark Nighthawks. And quite frankly, anybody who spends over $8k in a pair of home speakers, its just plain nuts, as there many many good sounding speakers under that price range that are not surpassed by any esoteric speaker beyong that range. Even Forrest Gump knows better than that!
audio physic libras - great bass, lovely mid range and good tweeter, especially in the right near field listening venue.
Gallardo, I like your $8,000 limit. Would you rate 4 or 5 current models you think are as good as money will buy ?