PS Perfect Wave Trans/DAC versus Meridian 808.2

Has anyone been able to compare these two products or comment on either individually as a significant improvement over high quality red book equipment? I am intrigued by the apodosing filters ability to enhance Red Book sound by reducing pre-ringing. And these two products, as far as I know, are the only ones using these filters.
128x128gammajo
I had a Meridian 861 v 4.2; with a G-98 transport; going into their HD621 switcher; which had the apodizing filter..using Bryston 28sst's monoblocks and analog speakers...found the Meridian gear very digital sounding; and it limited sending full frequency range into my analog rig..the music never seemed to sing...lack of base; no sparkle on the treble..ok; but sounded very veiled and digital.
Sold that; and got the PS audio wave transport and dac, now running into VAC tubed preamp; and also my Qsonix music 205 server thru the dac via balanced PAD cable...sound stage opened up as if by magic; much fuller frequency response, sparkling cymbals and warmth in the voices; awesome base, and the music server thru the digital input of the PSaudio dac is phenominal....so much more enjoyable; and less 'digital than when I used the Meridian...for a fraction of the cost... I have the dac only set on filter 1; the apodizing filte; have not found need to experiment with the other ones..Ilike this...of course; I did not make the investment in the meridian 808.ii or iii; i think Meridian works great in an all Meridian rig, with their speakers, etc; but lacks some magic when used with conventional analog amps and speakers...
just my two cents from living with both types of gear for a while; glad I saved the money; and got better sound...but your ears/your system, your money...all good choices...good luck.
Yes I still want to audition the PS gear - who knows how good it gets unless you hear it?
How about Meridian 808.2 vs. Playback Design? Both have excellent reviews galore, and both seemed to sacrifice some of the frequency extremes for a natural, analog-like presentation. Is there anybody who compared the 2 players?