MUSE Erato II - Anyone using this player?

I have an opportunity to own MUSE's top player, the Erato II. However, the only print references to the Erato II I can find are the double review in HiFi+ (same review on-line at AV-guide), a Stereophile CES 2008 Show Report with no performance related comments, and an article indicating that Stereo Times reviewer Jan Petter Egidius uses the Erato II as his reference. There is no specific discussion here or at AA, and there is only one posted virtual system that uses the transport version, and none listed that use the player version. The two HiFi+ reviewers seemed to like it with a few operational caveats, but their reviews were not what I would call all-out raves. I would be interested in hearing feedback from any who have heard the Erato II player in their own system, a friend's system, or even at a show like CES. Thanks.
mitch2
I have not heard the Sig 3. Kevin was suggesting the attenuator module and never said anything about other options.
Do you need a preamp for vinyl. or will you be digital only?
Tough call on the tube and SS comparison. I was usually a SS guy, but Edge made me look at SS very differently. It is the most relaxing, mellow and powerful combination I've ever heard. None of the SS fatigue I used to get.
My SS Clayton monos are also amps that transcend the old SS vs. tubes debate. You know you are not listening to tubes, but you focus more on their strengths than on what you are giving up by not having tubes. They do not have quite the (larger than real?) body of my former hybrid Lamm M1.1's but they do bass, drive, clarity and high frequencies better, while still providing better body and dimensionality than most SS. I like using a preamp simply because I like the sound vs. a passive, I perceive more drive and depth to the music with a preamp. I assume Kevin's attenuator module is simply a passive attenuator? I maybe should e-mail them and learn more. Unfortunate, but a more informative website with better pictures and descriptions would probably be enough to increase their sales. IMO, Lamm is one example of a Mfg with an excellent and totally informative website.
I agree with you about Muse. I've been told that Kevin is close to a recluse, and really doesn't want to grow the company. If you get him exchanging email directly with you, you will learn everything you need to know.
I think that his attenuator stage is active, but not positive.
Also, if you go to google and look up Muse you will find a dealer that handles Muse. Scot Markwell (former reviewer and I think Harry Pearson's assitant in set up) will talk to you about Muse products.
Bob, I have e-mailed them with some questions on Sunday and have not heard back. Since a couple of the questions were technical in nature, Kevin will probably be elected to answer them and I suppose he has been busy. The Erato II will be an upgrade from a Thalia/Nine. I am inclined to go ahead with the upgrade but I want to know more about the remote and about the attenuator module, which I am now considering as part of the upgrade. Thanks for checking back.