Tweaks for EMM CDSA SE ... ?

Has anyone found tweaks that really improve their EMM CDSA SE? I am experimenting now -- trying to improve its performance.
sabai
Sabai--great post. Lots of info I have never seen, especially in terms of the CDSA. Thanks! I am mulling over the X-upgrade idea. So far, I just use Hydra-8 and a Telwire powercord (some more expensive cords slowed the bass or introduced some hyper-highs/nervousness). Stealth Indra XLRs also seem to bring out the best, most natural sound, especially in the frequency extremes: the controlled unmuddy low bass and upper highs that have a touch of warmth that is really nice.

My one concern is that upgrades that affect soundstaging often add some high-frequency prominence along with that.
In my experience, Wilson and Kharma speakers have done that,
where some awesome staging was accompanied by some TMI/listening-fatigue as the price.

Right now, the CDSA-se just seems to get the right combination of reach and truth w/o any cold or steeliness, even on
analytically-recorded CDs (or at least CDs that sound that way on other players).

Most who have commented on the the big EMM XDS1 or the X-upgrade mention the "3D"-ness. That's a kind of nice-to-have thing, but not a necessity IMO, where tonality is king for me.
Rgs92, thanks very much. Since the EMM X upgrade and the Synergistic Research PowerCell 10SE (that includes a new model Tesla Plex SE, a Precision Reference power cord with a 3-lead option and a standard MPC) both promise 3D sound reproduction I will opt for the SR. I have no way of knowing which 3D effect would be more pleasing to me, of course, and I have no way of A/Bing the two, so this is a crap shoot. But setting up my system, not being able to audition ANYTHING, has been a crap shoot. I have let my intuition be my guide and, frankly, I am more that happy with the results so far. I already have a partial 3D effect since I started tweaking my system and it is very agreeable. Any added 3D effect from either option would be first class, I'm sure, albeit different in one or another respect. I agree with you that tonality is #1 and the EMM CDSA SE provides me with wonderful tonality right now -- enhanced by my many tweaks. The thing is that the PowerCell will not only treat my EMM it will also treat all the other components and cables in my system so the synergy should be excellent. If I add the Galileo MPC the sound should be truly outstanding, including an enhanced sound stage -- one of the main improvements promised by the EMM X and the SR PowerCell. Two other factors that I have considered are that going the SR route provides me with more versatility. If, one day, I change my CDP I will still have the PowerCell. The other factor is that, since I live overseas, having the EMM X upgrade done would be very costly -- shipping both ways. The SR option will save me a lot of money. Also, doing an EMM X upgrade would mean no music for quite a while, whereas when I pick up the PowerCell next month it will be in my system when I arrive home. For you the EMM X upgrade may be the best choice since you already have the Hydra and excellent cables. I don't have a power conditioner yet and I have such a complicated mix of cables that treating the whole system right from the wall receptacle seems to be the most logical approach for me to take and looks like it will give me the best chance at having a better sonic experience. I will soon be adding more Totem beaks and a few sets of SR MiGs to the system, too. IMHO, you can never have enough top quality tweaks in your system. Each one adds to the synergy.
Rgs92, there is an Audiogon thread called "SR Tesla PowerCell or Dedicated Circuits ????" where people comment on the Hydra 8. You may be interested in having a look.
OK, thanks again for all that. Actually, it seems that doing both the upgrade and getting the SR may be worthwhile.
I have some SR cables and do feel they are great, especially for the cost.
Rgs92, you're welcome. IMHO doing both may be overkill since the upgrade and the SR are supposed to accomplish the same thing. I would be very interested in hearing if you do both how the sound sounds. You can A/B with and without the PowerCell. You will probably be the first person in the world to do both and to report about it. I am doing a PowerCell 10SE with Galileo MPC.