What CDP gets really close to vinyl?

Hello, I have been looking for a CD player that is truly airy, transparent, and in this sense similar to vinyl. So far I did not have much luck. I tried a variety of brands, from Rega to Meridian to Ayre, and now own an EAR Acute. Each of these players is wonderful in its own way, but the sense of spaciousness, air, the "I am there in the symphony hall" feeling has never achieved what I can get with a good turntable and good cart. Has anyone had better luck?
ggavetti
Mapman, upon reading your post, I saw a CD player I never heard, or read a review of, the Constantine. So, I looked it up and found this lovely review of it, and another similar DAC. My DAC has four tubes. There will always be arguments on the worth of tubes. All I care is if the resulting music strikes me as being authentic.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0406/mhdt_laboratory_dac.htm
MM,

Yes, I've seen that review and have both Constantine and Paradisea DACs. I can easily concur with the reviewer's opinions.

I have two systems and have tried both DACs in each.

I like the Constantine in my main rig which already has a tube preamp and the Paradisea in my otherwise all SS family room 2 channel A/V system.

I'm finding one tube device per signal path to be a good thing in my case.
I fully agree with you, Mapman, that one device in a system with tubes is a good thing. Mine are in the DAC. The DAC is my system's voice. The transport just hands over the perfect digital reading.
Muralman1 thanks for the link to the review.

Mapman I have checked out the mhdt NOS DACs and the reviews. It seems all the reviewers came to the same consensus concerning the sonic characteristics of these DACs, excellent build quality, lack of digital etchiness, natural presence and timbre accuracy seem to be the consistent theme here. There is also the top of the line Havana which also uses a tube buffered output as well as the Paradisea 3. Looks quite promising especially at the price point. Thanks for your input.

One area where my experience with the mhdt DACs differs a bit from the reviewers is that I believe the COnstantine to have better high and low end frequency extension and better dynamics overall than the Paradisea. The Constantine's bass may come across as leaner overall though but is spot on in my main rig.

Tube rolling does make a very significant difference though with the Paradisea and I have only tried two different tubes to-date.

Also I find the Constantine is dead quiet.

I have some background hiss with the Paradisea, but you have to put your ear right up to the speaker with the volume well up to be able to even hear it, no worse certainly that what you would expect from most decent if not the absolute best phono rigs.