WHAT ABOUT CLOCKS?

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on an Esoteric G-0Rb clock for my system (that uses an Esoteric X-01D2 player.
Can anyone describe the benefits of adding a clock to the system? Is it a noticeable improvement? Subtle but better? Easier to listen to?
I do not see a lot os discussion or reviews of clocks, so I have to ask does adding a clock fix a problem that is not that big of a problem?

huntermusic
I have a good music server (Touch, Esoteric Clock/Upsampler/Berkeley DAC) and an Esoteric X03SE and the SACD on the X03 still trumps the music server, as well as many other recordings (XRCD, DSD, etc). You can have both and I would go for the K-01 if funds currently permitted. Playing a CD while having a music server is almost like putting an LP on a turntable.
Well, I've found JRiver Media Center really easy to use (tagging is a breeze), and the audio quality together with ASIO4ALL is simply amazing, IMO!

Tried MacMini with Pure Music/iTunes. Sounds OK but, to my ears, it lacked against JRMC/ASIO4ALL, and by a good margin.

Maybe if I didn't have the upgraded Esoteric VRDS transport, I'd be perfectly content with Mac/iTunes as many are.

Best,
Alex Peychev
The esoteric is a nice clock, but if you are going to spend that kind of cash, take a look at the antelope audio atomic clock. and any decent clock will make a noticeable improvement.
Clocks are only good if the internal clock is bad. Sometimes you will not hear a difference as in the case of the k-01 and K-03. Your money would be well spent else where.Clocks for pro use are used to tie in several digital units. The Clocks in the K-01 and K-03 are excellent.
Wow, this thread sat for almost three years. There isn't many subjects in high end audio more polarizing then the clock. Well I can say in my system the clock has had a HUGE effect! I have the Esoteric G-01 sync'd with the D-02/P-02. The combo sounds fantastic as is, but the clock has widened the soundstage and added depth .The Presentation is smoother and the overall sound is more realistic.
I was not sold on the clock, until I heard it in $450,000.00 system with the K-01 as the digital source. It elevated an already excellent sound to in the room. After that, I was sold on the clock and have not regretted it.
Look at the D-02/ P-02 thread, there are several other owners of D-02/P-02s and K-01s that have clocks and have great results. For some reason, it seems, the more detailed the system, the better the effect.