Favorite High-Resolution Tube DAC?

Tell me what you think is the most analog-esque non-digital sounding 24/96-192 tube DAC available within $2500-$3500 price range (new or used) to replace my Reimyo DAP-777. Needs AES, BNC, COAX input. USB not required.
sakahara
I also enjoy the sound through tubes and if you are driving your amps directly from the DAC, then a tube DAC may be essential. However if the DAC is feeding a tube pre-amp you may find a SS DAC to be just what you want. I have a Bryston DAC (AES) into an ARC tube pre-amp and couldn't be more pleased with the sound. You just have to try it.
Paul
I am not as experienced with multiple trials of DACs as others here, but I love my Eastern Electric Tube DAC. It has AES, BNC, COAX, Optical, and USB, Sabre 9018 chip, tubed output, volume control. No remote. $750.
hi tgrisham:

i too have the mini max dac, but i replaced the stock tube with a nos 5814. i lost some resolution but gained by realizing a fuller-bodied presentation.

have you replaced the tube ?

theis dac is not my reference. i use an audio note cd2, with a brimar 12au7 and the ps audio perfact wave combo.
Possible solutions;

New:
Lampizator v3 Level 3
APL DAC-S (stretching budget @ $4950)

Used:
3 Dimension Audio 18se (no hi-rez)
Exemplar Extant (no hi-rez)

The used DAC's would be an inexpensive trial into tube DAC's. I don't want to jump on the Lampizator band-wagon solely because of the excitement but it seems to be the real deal based on feedback from an audiophile acquaintance whose opinion I trust as well as many others who have replaced some very highly regarded DAC's.

Pkubica: The DAC would feed a Thoress F2A11 integrated. Reimyo DAP-777 is SS so I think a tube DAC is in order if I want to take it up a level or two. This sentiment is also shared by the audiophile acquaintance who uses and prefers tube pre/amps and DAC's.
If you're willing to go $4950 for the APL DAC-S, what about the Berkeley Audio Alpha DAC (made in the USA) for $5000? It will play anything from 44.1/16 up to 192/24 files, whether they be broadcast wave (BWAV), WAV or FLAC. It can also play HDCD-encoded files. In early April, Berkeley Audio will release their new USB>AES/EBU converter made to work in tandem with the Alpha DAC.

I haven't heard the Alpha DAC. I just offer it as an option at the $5000 price point.

I'm in the market for the same thing as yourself, and I'm considering both these DACs.