W4S or Rega Dac - Opinions Wanted

I’m about ready to consider a new DAC, Price range $800-$1,400 max-used.
Currently I’m using a Music Hall Dac 25.2 with a VLink 24 bit 96khz USB to S/PDIF. I’ve also using an upgraded tube in the music hall. I enjoy the warmth of the Music Hall and the detail seems good. However I would like to try something new. I listen to mostly digital files, both Lossless and some Flac. Can I do better in this price range?
I’ve read great things about the W4S dac-1/ and 2, Rega and Eastern Electric dac. I have no way to demo these so I hoping for opinions from those who have listed to more than one of these. My associated equipment is Audio Research SP-9 MKIII, Wyred 4 Sound ST250, Music Hall DAC 25.2, V LINK 24 BIT 96 kHz ASYCHRONOUS USB TO S/PDIF, mac mini, Polk Lsi 9
bklynnupe
I have the DacMagic and the PS Audio DL III. I like the PS DL L III better overall. It is a bit smoother than the DacMagic and produces a better soundstage with greater density in the sound field. However, I think that the Dac Magic is excellent and absolutely a best buy.

I tried the Rega Dac but felt it was a bit too far to the 'polite' side. Dac's are very 'system dependent'.
Thanks.
I researched upgrades for my Music Hall but the ones that made the most sense were pretty expensive.
I’m not leaning towards trying out the w4s dac-1. I figure if the dac-1 is not what I expected, it has a recognized name and should retain most of it’s resell value.
Also, I’ve have read some descriptions of the w4s dac as being “too analytical” and lacking warmth. I suspect that my w4s amp and tube pre, is providing good amount of warmth. I obviously have not been able to validate this as I’m using my very limited personal experience with what I have and comments/opinions I have read. Perhaps I could use a bit more of this “analytical” detail? I’ll certainly have a better comprehension of everything once I’m able to try something new in my system.
Any opinions on the upgraded caps in the dac-1? I hear it sound like dac-2. Are the upgraded caps mandatory? Thanks.