W4S or Rega Dac - Opinions Wanted

I’m about ready to consider a new DAC, Price range $800-$1,400 max-used.
Currently I’m using a Music Hall Dac 25.2 with a VLink 24 bit 96khz USB to S/PDIF. I’ve also using an upgraded tube in the music hall. I enjoy the warmth of the Music Hall and the detail seems good. However I would like to try something new. I listen to mostly digital files, both Lossless and some Flac. Can I do better in this price range?
I’ve read great things about the W4S dac-1/ and 2, Rega and Eastern Electric dac. I have no way to demo these so I hoping for opinions from those who have listed to more than one of these. My associated equipment is Audio Research SP-9 MKIII, Wyred 4 Sound ST250, Music Hall DAC 25.2, V LINK 24 BIT 96 kHz ASYCHRONOUS USB TO S/PDIF, mac mini, Polk Lsi 9
bklynnupe
so analytical that it commented on my choice of socks.

On a literary level, your post makes me feel good.
"Actually, we liked both of 'em in our little comparison and that made me feel better, and after all, isn't that the important part?"

No Wolf, the important part is what's best, Jordan or Lebron, ARC or Lamm, Mercedes or BMW, Walmart or Target, there just HAS to be a best, period end of discussion! Now about that giant killer of yours, tell us more....
I wouldn't call the DacMagic a giant killer, but does sound really good for the money. In fact, I liked some things about it better than it's big brother the 840C(imaging, soundstage). But, as far as transparency and dynamics go, either W4S unit wins hands down. FYI, I had all 3 in the same rig back either at the same time or back to back.

All it really comes down to though, is which you enjoyed the most. But if you're saying the W4S unit was analytical, something had to be amiss. Which input did you use? Source, etc...
Thanks everyone, I think I have my answer.
Face, you’re the one that convinced me to pull the trigger on the w4s amp. One of my best purchases for price and performance. Anyone looking to part with their a dac-1 with upgraded caps, drop me a line.
Anyone who states the W4S DAC1 or DAC2 is bright or analytical has issues elsewhere in their rig.>>>

Face, we tried the W4S II Dac against the Rega DAC and EE Minimax Plus (SS mode) and the W4S sounded brighter and more analytical than either of them, with the EE being the most forgiving at the top end. My system is a pretty huge leap from "bright" sounding. My father, who's 71, doesn't find it bright enough!

Rob