BMC DAC Pre

Who's using the new BMC DAC Pre, the one with the attenuator built in?
pacificdigital
I am not a dealer. I am just a music lover. I have heard alot of really nice DACs. The BMC DAC into BMC monos is really awesome. You can find a better DAC, but you would have to spend twice as much. You should take into consideration the fact that BMC uses the Current Injection input and gain is controlled inside the amp (like ASR, but better) so you gain huge advantages bypassing the firt gain stage. The DAC has one of the most impressive PSUs I've seen in a DAC. My only criticism of the DAC is that it's a chip DAC. But you would never know it listening to it. The totaldac d1 is better and I am now using totaldac d1 into the regular balanced input of the BMC monoblocks. The BMC monos can't be beat for anywhere near the money they cost; I've tried. :-)
Thanks for the mention of the Totaldac, looks very interesting indeed! That it can best the BMC DAC into BMC amps (giving up the DIGM link advantage) is impressive. Their digital crossover looks very well done also.
Pacificdigital, like Dallasjustice, I have the BMC DAC1 PRE which I use with the new BMC M2 amps. The DAC1 only has balanced outputs to allow the Current Injection mode with BMC amps. I also have the new USB asynchronous input board. I have never like USB input and still don't. When I use the DAC1, I use a dac outside it, a prototype of the Exemplar and go into the DAC1 as a single-ended input. I have also tried the SP Dif input on the DAC1 which is better than the USB, but still prefer the Exemplar dac, which has a tube amplification board.

I will say that the Current Injection is much better than just balanced input to the amps.